Guest Service Operation Main Role Responsibility
- Familiarizing with the ship and its services, Company Policies, Product Plan, procedures and manuals, using all available resources in a fast and efficient way.
- Handling all requests and complaints in a professional and diplomatic way, focusing in Guests’ needs and problem solving.
- Assisting with embarkation and disembarkation formalities (collection, photo-copying, distribution of personal ID, passports and landing cards, boarding forms, overbooking, luggage tags, break of voyage, transfers, comment forms, port agents…).
- Assisting in cabin change control and registration, booking procedures, downgrading/upgrading procedures, extra cabins, printing of Costa cards and cabin cards.
- Handling the safety deposit boxes service at the counter and safe box in the cabin.
- Ensuring the proper handling of lost&found items and providing assistance with damaged or lost luggage with efficiency, effectiveness and special care.
- Providing wake-up calls and public announcement.
- Handling Guests’ messages, external calls, emergency calls, fax, internet and e-mail services.
- Publicising the items on sale onboard (books, concessions services and products, etc…) and collecting and sorting signed guest checks / fiscal receipts from points of sale.
- Publicising the Costa Club and promoting the recruitment of new members.
- Assisting in registration of the Guests’ credit cards for settlement of shipboard accounts, managing of declined and/or plafond credit cards as per SA&PI report.
- Collecting cash deposits and payments, daily controlling of over-credit guests, closing of main courante, closing of home-port and inter-port accounts, managing residual credits and refunds, managing currency exchange service.
- Nightly balancing /controlling of the casino revenues.
- Collecting information from Heads of Department in order to provide the end of cruise report.
- Typing of messages and mail out, scheduling of meetings and activities of the Hotel Director.
- Preparing invitations recap for the different parties and invitation cards.
- Preparing vouchers and presentation letters for “Bon Voyage Gift” according the Special Services procedure.
- Collecting boarding forms and the Comment Forms filled by Guests, in order to assure the customer satisfaction results at the end of the cruise.
- For specific duties, please refer to P2.2 Man1 - Guest Services Manual and P2.1 Man1 HD's Secretariat Manual.