Tour Escort Main Role Responsibility
- looking for more information about the ports and excursion destinations, giving the best advice to the Guests on the choice of excursions, without forgetting the budget objective.
- knowing the excursion program (Tour Magazine, timing of tours, Port Information).
- knowing the ship and all the services provided onboard and ashore.
- looking after the daily preparation of excursion materials (signs for the buses, stickers, table numbers…), keeping the front desk clean and tidy.
- assigning correct stickers to Guests at the meeting point.
- giving language test to the guides before the departure of the excursions, checking the logistic of the buses on the pier, the correct function of’ A/C and microphone.
- escorting guests during the excursions having the “Excursion Kit” at all time.
- introducing himself to cruise guests before the bus leaves, counting guests after every stop, checking the timing, jumping activity autonomously. When at the restaurant checking dishes quality e quantity of food. Informing Tour Manager and Tour Agent in case of accident and injury.
- giving assistance during injury / accident on tour.
- if unsafe use or bad conditions of any means of transportation might break guests security standard levels Tour Escort is empowered to stop tours performance immediately.
- assisting in translation in case of need.
- filling out properly the Tour Escort Report.
- knowing the Operational Manuals, the application of Sa&Pi (print and void excursion tickets…) and Argo (participant receipt, recap groups and commission…).
- counting excursions tickets, managing accounts, filling up Daily Sales and Daily Report.
- listening to complaints reporting to the Tour Manager any discrepancies from the Operational Manuals or non-conformities in respect of Company standards, suggesting changes based on customers' comments.
- carrying out public relations with guests in various occasions during the excursion and during time off scheduled including continual smile and courtesy towards guests and colleagues.
- collaborating with other departments, reporting any problematic questions to the Tour Manager.
- being responsible for transfer, disembarkation lists, disembarkation breakdown, giving assistance while on the pier during the disembarkation of guests.
- being among the most important and main support for the Tour Manager.